It’s the first day of 2017 and I’m thinking how am I going to make this year different to 2016; because we all know it was a rough one. So #newyearnewme right?
- Make money (This is a must.)
- Turn this blog into a brand. (How am I going to do that? Wait and find out.)
- Host events for my people dem (connecting with like minded people)
- Finish my Black beauty documentary.
- Get fit (I know everyone says this, but yeah…)
- Be even more of a carefree black girl
- Allow myself to make myself happy
- Stop the profanity
- Get un-addicted to sugar and meat (I am utterly obsessed with chicken shops and anything that high amounts of sugar in. Basically if it’s going to give me diabetes, I must have it.)
So what can I do make sure this year better?
- Get over my social anxiety: I have a problem with people. Which is stupid for a journalist and blogger. I am going to make a conscious effort to introduce myself to like minded people and build and all of that social stuff that I fear.
- Have some self-control: If I want it, I’m getting it. Which seems like a good thing, but this rule applies to food, men, sleep. If I fancy food, I am going to make it, instead of going out and spending £2o+ on spring rolls.
- Stop all this procrastination: We all know I am a victim of this. When it comes to uni work, editing, blogging, even cleaning the house, I find myself struggling to concentrate. I will tell myself to do something at 1 pm, next thing you know, I look up and my phone is in my hand and it’s 6.
- Spend more time with the people I love: Family over everything. And of course myself, because I love myself. Don’t forget to say hello to yourself sometimes, the Goddess needs some attention.
- Travel: I am promising myself to visit at least three countries this year, that I haven’t been to before. And obviously go back home to Barbados. I am going to do this all by myself. Yes I will be travelling by myself. My soul just needs this right now. I need time to clear my mind and think, so why not do that in a different location. So I think its going to be at least one African country and one Asian one. It’s been so long since I’ve looked up and seen the stars or felt sand between my toes.
- And last but not least…. I am going to make sure that I am happy. My health, sanity, and happiness are the most important things to me this year. I need to be at the top of my game, in order to actually do anything. Sounds selfish, but I really do not care. Me and my happiness comes first.
So what are your 2017 goals ladies? Let me know below.
Until next time,
Stay blessed Queen.